Tuesday, October 6, 2020

mistake when planting pumpkin

The first fruit I harvest in my backyard garden is a pumpkin fruit. There are lots of mistakes when planting the pumpkin plant. 

1) Planing.

Pumpkin plant grow really fast and can be very long so it would be best to plant it near the fence directly ( I tie my pumpkin plant to the fence using string). My mistake is that I did not plant it at the fence at first, this cause me the need to transplant the plant but then transplant the plant to a new location is dangerous. I plant 6 of the pumpkin plant, but after transplanting them only 2 manage to survive.Thus, I recommend new growers to plan before planting.

2) Planting distance

The pumpkin I plant is a chinese pumpkin. The plant can reach a very long length. It would be best to plant the pumpkin plants further apart so that the plant would not collide with each other on a fence. Planting the plant close to each other will make it look very messy.

3) Give nutrients

I did not give nutrients to my pumpkin plant and this cause the fruit of the plant after harvest is tasteless. Based on what I learn from other growers, if you want to plant to grow at it best peak, provide the plant with compost or fertilizer every 14 days.

4) Provide support for the pumpkin fruit when it is growing

When you grow pumpkin plant near a fence for support, tie a basket and put the pumpkin in the basket for additional support to the pumpkin fruit 

What I learned about growing pumpkin (learn from Youtube and Google)

1) How to differentiate male and female pumpkin flower?

2) How to pollinate the male and female pumpkin flower?

3) When should I harvest the pumpkin fruit?

 What I learned about growing pumpkin (from experience)

1) How big are the pumpkin flowers?

2) The joy when getting the pumpkin fruit?

ps. It is easy to grow pumpkin as it is very easy to take care of it compare to lots of plants but there is one downside which is the space needed but there are lots of farmers that prune the pumpkin plant and they had a successful harvest.

 


Legit apps I use to earn Paypal money online

I have been earning money online since 2019. I will now share the legit apps I have use to earn money online. 1) Cashhy  This app is only av...